- This event has passed.
The Emergence of a New Social Engineer
October 11, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:15 pmEUR22,50
Cyber criminals remain a very real and active threat to organisations and are continually evolving their methods to stay ahead of those looking to protect against cyber attack. One of the most effective tools in a cyber criminal’s toolbox is social engineering, where attackers use psychology and predictable human behaviour to manipulate individuals, either to carry out actions or to divulge information that can be leveraged in a successful cyber attack.
Are You Protecting Your Business?
As long as there have been humans, there have been people ready to exploit predictable human responses for personal gain, but as our lives become increasingly digital and evermore connected, this has given birth to a new breed of cyber-criminal, The New Social Engineer.
Join us on 11th October and learn how The New Social Engineer’s psychological activities increase the likelihood of an attack on your business being successful, understand how to identify common characteristics of attack and how to prevent your business from falling foul of The New Social Engineer.
Key themes will include:
- NextGen Social Engineering in Society and Information Security
- Insider Threats: Where Psychology Meets Technology – Behavioural Issues and Opportunities
- Social Engineering Strategies to Protect Your Business.
- Countering Social Engineering Attacks During Business Operations Abroad
Attendees will learn:
- The origins of social engineering, and how this has developed over time
- How the digital world can make you more susceptible to attack
- The emerging trends in attacks and how this impacts your business
- A deeper understanding of the psychology behind social engineering
- How to identify and protect your business from insider threats
- How to effectively protect your business from such an attack
- How to minimise the risk of social engineering when doing business abroad